It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nostalgia
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:19 pm 

Playing this game is like picking up a controller and playing Final Fantasy 7, Twisted Metal 2, Battle Toads or Super Mario Kart. I love exploring the old places, seeing stuff that I never found before, etc. I was always horrible at PK so I don't really miss it, now that no one is ever on but have a fantastic time exploring the world. I think it's really too bad that the way of the mud has been left by the wayside. I get it, I was playing the other day and my wife was like, "what are you doing?" I said I was playing a game. She replied, "No you're not, that doesn't look like a game David, it's just a bunch of words. I say well yeah, it is a bunch of words but it's still a game. This is kind of a common conversation, more's the pity.

Anyway, I think from time to time how heart-breaking it would be to see this game disappear and whenever I try to log on and am met with a black screen, one that seems to very intentionally *NOT asking me whether or not I am interested in ANSI text, my butthole always puckers just a little bit, wondering if this is the end of the game.

Anyway, that's what just happened and I though well, if it doesn't come back, I'll just go ahead and put this out there as a 'so long' to whoever might still be out there reading these from time to time.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Nostalgia
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:03 am 

I feel you man. I'm wishing it would come back once and for all as well. I have a lot of ideas I am throwing to Hobbie about it and incorporating aspects from similar genre of modern games into AoW and some other marketing ideas. I've been imagining this changes that could be literally a game changer for this old MUD and add all the new flare of the modern games.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:12 pm 
Site Admin

We have a pile of new stuff that's done, and ready to launch. I'm not going to push it until there's interest, because it wouldn't be much fun to do by yourself :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:51 pm 

hi

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:05 am 

still around, and drooling at the bit waiting to murder some peers, havent had a computer in ages tho

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:19 pm 

Haven't thought of this game in 17-18 years. Decided to try and get in but looks like its currently a no go. :cry:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:45 am 
Site Admin

I'm getting settled (been "moving"). I'll end up tossing something up this weekend here. Getting my day over here sorted out.

It'll be interesting to see if anyone plays, though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:56 pm 

If my desktop hadnt blown up, I would be around. Because no Act of War is complete without a master witch.

Offline Profile