Quick note – Eck went through and changed how quest timers work. They now run in real time instead of imaginary time.
Return to War and Christmas Promotions!
Doing a reboot this afternoon. In today’s build: the return of Christmas item drops during PK. Additionally, it is Christmas, and as a gift to you, you’ll be able to open your presents (once you hit 56). Get more warpoints to open more neat stuff. Finally – I miss seeing everyone online. All existing characters […]
New Chapter – Up And Running!
Welcome! I made a pretty poor call with the Ch1.5 and have since killed it. I’m working with a handful of dedicated AoWers on putting some serious polish, balance, and work into the Ch4. We’re looking to resolve the bugs, flesh out the skills/spells, get it all documented in the wiki here, and finish up […]
1/6/2013 – Chapter 4 Launch Information
Things are changing with the introduction of Chapter 4. Some things are staying the same. I wanted to take a moment to give a quick rundown of things that might be different right off the bat – and might really make you wonder what is going on. We really stripped the map of a lot […]
The World Shudders
The forces of Undermountain chanted and sought to bring the wrath of the gods down on the world. They erected tribute piles of bleached enemy skulls to the gods and sacrificed their captured enemies to let the world drink in the blood. It corrupted the soil, the forests, and the air. Eventually, even the lesser […]
- Reddit promotion was disabled. If you’d like to be a part of a future promotion please contact a staff member.
- The “Present” command was re-enabled for Christmas. A gift from the staff to you. For every 25 warpoints you have you’ll be able to claim one present. Every 50+ character gets one present automatically.
- Rewrote the holiday drop code. You’ll see drops more frequently.
- Christmas drops have returned for the season. They’ll drop off of enemy players in PK.
Doing a reboot this afternoon. In today’s build: the return of Christmas item drops during PK. Additionally, it is Christmas, and as a gift to you, you’ll be able to open your presents (once you hit 56). Get more warpoints to open more neat stuff.
Finally – I miss seeing everyone online. All existing characters who log in this week will be automatically credited 5000 warbucks to help pick up a few pieces of iteration gear and get back into the fight.
A number of backend updates were made today. At first glance it appears everything is working, and looking, like it should. That said, if you see anything acting strangely please drop a note up.
- Framework for the next Leth’nor encounter was implemented.
- Signs were implemented outside of kingdom borders to help new players realize when they’re going to enter into a dangerous situation. Additionally, the sector type for ALL border guards was changed from it’s default to something more noticable. Finally, the archers that pepper you from inside each of the towns now provide a more noticable message.
- A number of guilds were patched up.
- A number of typographical issues were resolved.
- Implemented a number of default spell messages that were previously missing.
- Titles show up on the who list again.
- Inclusion of a promotion system. Current promotion is effective for players coming in from Reddit. Existing players should not use the promotion code for incoming players from Reddit.
- Newbie flags were added to the game. The flag can be toggled on/off using the “newbie” command. This will add a flag to who, look, farsight, and eagle eye. It helps identify players who might not have experience on Act of War so your fellow kingdom-mates can help you get equipment and orientated to the map.
- NOWEAP has been implemented and is now displayed in the “auto” menu. It will toggle off weapon damage messages.
- Scrolls will now default your target, instead of yourself, if you have a target. If you do not have a target the spell will still burn but without a target.
- Quest rewards were increased for “kill” quests, from 2-4 quest points to 4-6 quest points. Gather quests remain at 2-4 quest points.
- All donation pits were cleared out.
- Cleaned up iteration drop code. Items should drop more frequently.
- Cleaned up holiday drop code. Items should drop more frequently.
- UM has been labeled “For Experienced Players Only” again to reflect the issues with being weak to sunlight and the weaker kingdom guards/raid defense.
- High elves should now receive eagle eye. If you previously remorted as a high elf but do not have eagle eye please see a member of the administration.
With rolling out a new chapter I’ve decided to push new PK random-drop items with it.
On every PK kill there is a 25% chance at a random item. The items are as follows:
5% – grilled burger – level 50 sanctuary pill
5% – corn on the cob – level 50 haste pill
5% – prepackaged stunt double – level 50 decoy & teleport pill
3% – Torch of the Phoenix – i2 light, 50hp/50mp/50mv -10svs, infinite
3% – Ashes of the Phoenix – i2 dark, 50hp/50mp/50mv -10svs, infinite
3% – Breastplate of Cerronous, Lord of the Hunt – i2 breastplate, 200hp 1-svs
1% – Iteration Seal
With fine tuning the code to where we’re at right now the “present” code has been removed. It will return frequently and will always bank off of the same statistics, so if you cashed in now you won’t be able to cash in for those same items later.
Thanks for playing and welcome back!
I made a pretty poor call with the Ch1.5 and have since killed it. I’m working with a handful of dedicated AoWers on putting some serious polish, balance, and work into the Ch4. We’re looking to resolve the bugs, flesh out the skills/spells, get it all documented in the wiki here, and finish up a completely new map. I want to make sure you guys retain an enjoyable code base that you ENJOY.
As such, the code base from before 4 is back. It’s a late 3.x early 4.0 code base prior to race/class changes.
All new players receive a stag-crested breastplate and shield to help push along the leveling a bit.
If you’re looking to build drop me a note. I’d be grateful to receive a little more help if anyone is interested.
All previous threads on the forum were moved to a storage forum. They’re still on the main forums, just scroll down. We had amassed a good chunk of junk over the last year or so and I felt like it was a good time to clean up some.
The Festival of Havoc has begun!
The forces of Undermountain brought death down on the world in a rain of fire. The world splintered and burnt. Now they celebrate this sundering every year in hopes that the death of their enemies will bring about another cataclysm.
When felling an enemy in combat the following items have a chance to drop:
16% – charred flesh – sanc potion
16% – decaying apple – haste potion
16% – Light of Salvation – i2 light
16% – Sigil of Warcry – i2 dark
16% – Armor of Havoc – i2 chest
16% – Banner of Lies – decoy/tp pill
4% – Iteration Seal – iseal
- Fencing now properly works but only works with a sword either in main or offhand.
- Bind added to warriors, barbarians, and scouts. This allows them to heal on the go.
- Caltrops implemented to scouts.
- Zealots and Geomancers implemented in a test status.
- Dodge and Parry were completely reworked. The old systems didn’t make a whole lot of sense and weren’t expansion friendly as new classes were added in to the game.
- Character creation/race selection has been reworked slightly. More work will be done here.
- Divinity Hammer can now be disarmed.
- Iteration-2 items have been added to the shop.